Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In the Hospital and FINALLY 34 weeks...

As many of you know I am at Kennestone Hospital. I was admitted last Tuesday morning when my BP got to 166/118. Since I have been in the hospital, my BP has stayed pretty good. Over the holiday and weekend the doc on call had a cardiologist come in to do a EKG and Echo Cardiagram. Everything came back okay but they decided to flood my system with medication. I could not stand up or function so I was not a big fan of the meds. The cardiologist was concerned that I had a high heart rate which is why they put me on so much medication.

On Monday morning my doc came back and changed everything back to when I was admitted. I am going to stay in the hospital until the baby is born. The risks of me being at home are too high to chance it. The doc said with erratic BP like I have that I could have a stroke, seizure or hemmorage causing the placenta and uterus to separate. Any of these risks could be fatal to me and/or the baby. My doc said that my heart rate is normal for a pregnant person.

I am 34 weeks today and could possibly go another three-four weeks depending on how things are going. (37 weeks is as far as I am going then I will wheel myself into the OR and take this baby out myself.) Just kidding, I have not completely lost it yet.

I just want to thank all of my family and friends for all of your support during this time. Thank you for all of the visits, email and phone calls. I certainly could not go through this without you! I want to ESPECIALLY thank my wonderful husband for being here for me and for just being the best husband that I could have ever asked for. I know that this is not easy on him either! Of course he never complains to me but I know he must get as frustrated as I do.

So, we will just take it day by day and try to stay positive. We can not wait to meet Baby Grant and this time next year I will have forgotten all about being on bed rest!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Kent said...

Heather - your attitude throughout all of this has been amazing. You have truely been through hell and are so positive. I'm sorry that you have to spend the rest of your pregnancy in the hospital, but it sounds like the best place for you now. At least you get to have your laptop with you!! I'd die without mine! LOL