Friday, November 21, 2008

Bed Rest

Well, I am currently in the hospital for high BP. We are waiting for results of a 24 hr urine test that will determine if I have preclampsia or just chronic high blood pressure. If I have preclampsia then I will set up camp in the hospital until our little peanut is born. If I do not then I will be able to go home on Strict Bed Rest until the baby is born.

If preclampsia is present that means that it is a pregnancy induced hypertension which can not be medicated and therefore must be monitored while in the hospital. In other words, my BP could be very erratic and I would need to be in the hospital in case my pressure got to high then they could deliver. Also, my doc will probably deliver the baby within the next couple of weeks if preclampsia is in my cards.

I had an ultrasound a few days ago and the baby looks great! My blood pressure does not seem to be effecting the baby right now. And luckily the baby is almost 3 lbs already. I have high levels of amniotic fluid which is a great thing as well. The doc feels like the baby will be fine if we had to deliver soon. Obviously, the baby is at a much higher risk if we deliver. Every day that goes by is better so the longer we can hold out the better off we will be.

With all of that being said, all of this is in God's hands so I will leave the rest to him! I know that everything will be fine. Scott and I are going to have some tough road ahead but I married the greatest man in the world so I know we can get through this.

Anyhow, I hope you all are doing well! I will keep you updated as much as possible. Please put our family in your prayers.....

And thank you for all the sweet emails and calls. I could not get through this without my family and friends!!!!

No comments: